Walden World

The wacky and wonderful tales of Beth's and Catherine's global adventures. And all things Walden too.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Fiesta Flirtation

We were in the small colonial town of campeche for carnival and caught a fantastic parade of a few thousand men and women in traditional costume dancing down the main street.

I will upload photos once I get home as I can't get the software onto the tablet.

Apart from the gorgeous dancers, I had a rather odd but pleasing surprise. Catherine and I were standing on the  the parade route when a young Mayan woman in a beautiful dress broke from the parade and sought me out to give me the shirt she was using as a handkerchief which dancers spin around their head while they dance..

Having read the Lacuna however I knew what THAT meant leaving me rather puzzled.

Catherine however put it down to a lovely gesture of welcome and friendship to a foreigner.

My take is that it means Im easy on  the eyes to  ladies of many nations. ;^)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home