Walden World

The wacky and wonderful tales of Beth's and Catherine's global adventures. And all things Walden too.

Friday, November 12, 2021

A Point of Contention

"Four Points by Sheraton". A premium hotel at a premium price by the airport. I didn't expect chocolates on the pillow but the really large and spry cockroach standing on the bed busily waving her (very long) antenae at me was not a welcome sight. When I complained to the front desk the response was "Eww I will change your room" and then the hotel clerk promptly put us in the room right next door. 

"Do you not know cockroaches go through walls, plumbing etc...and putting us in the room next won't change anything?" I thought, but it's one night so I gave up. C on the other hand couldn't sleep at all, the thought of crawly roaches on her face tormented her. 

Like me, she is an old school Torontonian who lived in some of the most disgusting of roach infested apartments, from which we still have PTRT: Post Traumatic Roach Terror. 

Somehow it doesn't bother me as much if, for example, we are in Latin America. Christ...it's the tropics after all. But Mississauga in November bleh. There's something quite unsettling about it. 

Not to mention the "premium" price. 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home