Walden World

The wacky and wonderful tales of Beth's and Catherine's global adventures. And all things Walden too.

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Food

Totally jet lagged after hours of delayed flight. We were supposed to arrive in Lisbon at 10:50 am. We got to the hotel at 2:30 pm. I didn't realize this is Reading Week bringing with it scads of canadian and American students ready to party.

I looked at the 2 hour customs line for "all others" and cursed myself that I have yet to renew my Irish passport.

I could however cackle at C. Even if she had renewed her UK passport she like all the other Brits would be stuck in the line that snaked slowly along the breadth of the airport while euro members raced by.

I enjoyed the replies of the 19 year old boys explaining how they intended to support themselves for their next 3 months backpacking in Europe.

They were sweet and earnest talking about all the work they had done to save up to travel.  In my youth we would have rolled our eyes and probably given the immigration dude the finger secretly.

Maybe milleniaLs aren't so bad after all.

Then dinner.

By 8 pm Lisbon time we both realized we had not eaten since 9 pm EST and hunger set in. We were famished.

Garlic shrimp, a salad with fresh greens, prosciutto, goat cheese and crostinI the size of a table top, accompanied by an order of  whole wood grilled sole fish with fries and vegatables. All this includibg a bottle of excellent Portuguese white wine set us back  $60.

I said to Catherine I haven't been this relaxed in a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home